Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Are You Experienced?"

In jest, I often tell M'Lady and our young miss that the biggest mistakes men ever made were letting women drive and vote. I often receive a begrudging acknowledgement that I might just have a point. I would like to offer the following excerpt from a News24.com story as additional proof of my theory:

“College Park, Maryland - You can see it in their flushed-face smiles and hear it in their screams. They say the phenomenon is difficult to describe, but once they experience it they tell their friends, sisters, mothers and daughters, and they come back for more if they can.

"He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday.

A dedicated supporter, she brought two of her friends to hear the Illinois senator deliver one of his much-talked-about speeches.

"Not too much of the speech was new to me," she admitted. "But hearing him live..." she trailed off, shaking her head and grinning.”

Excuse me for sounding like a grumpy, old, misogynistic, conservative SOB – but what do you think the odds are that these women are actually listening to, much less thinking through, what Obama is saying?

Or are they just "experiencing" him?

No comments: