Sunday, February 17, 2008

Paradise

This is a must read for every American voter; BARACK OBAMA’S ECONOMIC AGENDA.
To summarize:

  • You are not intelligent enough to buy a house - I WILL PROTECT YOU
  • You are not intelligent enough to know how much house you can afford as well as how you are going to pay for it - I WILL FUND YOU
  • You are not intelligent/wealthy enough to take advantage of the current home mortgage deduction on your taxes - I WILL CORRECT THIS INJUSTICE FOR YOU
  • You are a middle class victim of "the regressive payroll tax system" (still looking for that all important definition of "middle class") - I WILL GIVE A TAX REBATE TO YOU
  • You are retired, making less than $50,000 and still paying taxes? - NOT YOU
  • You are not intelligent enough to enroll in your employer-based retirement plan - I WILL DO IT AUTOMATICALLY FOR YOU
  • You are not intelligent enough to save for retirement - I WILL PROVIDE AN INCENTIVE TO YOU
  • You are not intelligent enough to understand that credit cards are the work of the devil - I WILL GIVE A BILL OF RIGHTS TO YOU
  • I WILL FIX THE HEALTH CARE "CRISIS" BY PROVIDING UNIVERSAL COVERAGE AND I WILL STIMULATE THE ECONOMY BY PROMOTING "GREEN" TECHNOLOGIES TO FIGHT GLOBAL WARMING FOR YOU

Feel free to correct me but it seems that half of this economic plan is missing. Anyone one that is willing to do this much FOR YOU is also willing to do a great deal TO YOU - all in the name of the common good, of course. As President Gerald Ford once said “A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.”