Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dear George

Here is my recent correspondence with United States Senator George Voinovich. As you can see, our correspondence is a trifle one sided as I am the one doing all of the writing:

June 15, 2007

Senator Voinovich,

I am writing to you in the hope that you will vote against the Immigration Bill which seems to be making its way back into the Senate. I firmly believe that if we had built the fence, voters would be much more agreeable to this legislation. As it now stands it appears that the government is not prepared to take appropriate action to secure our boarders and to discourage further illegal immigration.

Please do not underestimate the unpopularity of this legislation with your constituents.



June 23, 2007

Senator Voinovich,

I e-mailed you over a week ago about the return of the Immigration Bill to the Senate and you have not seen fit to correspond with me in any manner.

As a constituent, I would appreciate it if you would let me know where you stand on this issue and why.


I know Senator Voinovich voted for cloture the first time around which would seem to indicate that he favors this legislation. However I am perplexed by his reluctance to discuss/vindicate his position with an obviously concerned, registered Republican voter. I looked everywhere on his website for any information about his position on this issue, but to no avail. For what its worth, I requested a response each time I e-mailed Senator Voinovich and still have yet to receive one to either e-mail.

The really sad part of this is that I signed an on-line Immigration Bill petition circulated by United States Senator Jame Inhofe yesterday and received a thank you and an update today.

Want to really piss me off? Ignore me.

And then we'll see how that works out for you.

No comments: