Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gun Thoughts

I have recently been thinking of adding my first non-hunting gun to the collection. I have come across two posts in as many days that reinforce my thoughts.

The first post is from SayUncle regarding his AR-15 and the local politicians who would take it from him:

“There’s no rhyme or reason to have civilians with this type of firepower,” Lang said. “It’s not something that you could ever possibly justify. It’s insanity and it doesn’t fit in society in any way.”

SayUncle’s response:

“The beauty of being a free man is I don’t have to justify a fucking thing to you.”

Now that’s my kind of response.

Then there is this post from Marko:

“When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.”

No comments: