Sunday, November 04, 2007

New Podcasts

I had grown a bit bored by my collection of hard-core political podcasts so I recently decided to broaden my horizons. In doing so, I found two wonderful podcasts which aptly illustrate the wide range of subjects covered by podcasting as well as, perhaps, the unusual range of my own hobbies.

My new found interest in vegetable gardening is being fed by Emma Cooper at her podcast, Alternative Kitchen Garden. Emma lives in Oxfordshire, England with her husband and her two chickens, Hen Solo and Princess Layer. She covers a great many useful and informative subjects in a very entertaining way.

I am also listening to Bird Dogs Forever, which, as it's name implies, is all about bird dogs and upland hunting. Since it is now pheasant season, the most anticipated time of the year here, this podcast has me in a fine froth. Dogs, guns and birds - it doesn't get much better than this.

Surely, these podcasts will cure me of my political ennui.

No comments: