Friday, May 02, 2008

Mark Bittman

Mark Bittman is a food writer for the New York Times and the author of several cook books. He is well known for his efforts to popularize no-knead bread which I have blogged about here. Mark also has a blog called Bitten which I can recommend as well. I recently made his version of "Chicken Under A Brick" that received high marks from our young miss when she made it. How bad can a whole chicken marinated with salt, garlic, rosemary and olive oil then grilled over charcoal be, I ask you? His recipes do manage to get the creative as well as salivary juices following.

Anyway, the cook book featured in the picture below sits within arms reach as I write this - and no, I would not be surprised if it contained a recipe for "Braised Infant With Spring Vegetables" or "Enfant Au Vin".

No comments: