Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cooper Union

I just finished watching the Cooper Union debate between Mario Cuomo and Newt Gingrich with moderator Tim Russert. I know that Speaker Gingrich was hoping for an open debate and a "coming together" of ideas from the Right and the Left. Unfortunately, I don't think he got what he was looking for from Governor Cuomo. It seemed to me that Governor Cuomo spent more of his time on a traditional lambasting of the Right and very little time trying to find common ground. On the other hand, I think Speaker Gingrich acquitted himself with his usual aplomb.

I will post the link to the debate as soon as it becomes available and encourage everyone to watch it. The only question I want you to answer after watching the debate is "Which ideology is better equipped to lead this country in the 21st century and why?"

Click here to watch.

No comments: