Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Viva La Fred!

Glenn Reynolds over at Instapundit has been keeping his finger on the conservative Republican pulse especially when it comes to John McCain. Glenn has also noticed a lot of folks pining for the good, old days when Fred Thompson was still a candidate:

"January 30, 2008

REGARDING MY EARLIER POST, reader Don MacRae emails:

Long time daily reader, first time writer. I have noticed the Fred Thompson comments as well; file under "You Don't Know What You Got 'Til It's Gone". For the record, not only did I donate to his campaign, I went door to door to get signatures so he could be on the ballot here in Ohio and my wife was a state delegate to boot. I have been wondering who to support since Fred dropped out of the race and I am now fairly certain that I am going to vote for Fred anyway. Screw John McCain!

Fred may do surprisingly well, for a guy who's not running . . . .

posted at 09:45 PM by Glenn Reynolds"

I have to say I like the way this MacRae guy thinks!

2 comments:

ptg said...

Perhaps we can get Fred to change his mind.

Country Squire said...

PTG,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I read the post you linked to (love the James Brown metaphor) but I think Fred is out for good unless he comes back as Mitt's VP which I understand he has no interest in becoming. Fred's a good man and I'm sorry he wasn't able to muster enough votes to stay in the race. But what really bothers me is what we're left with - I don't need Rush Limbaugh to chain whip John McCain for me - I already know he's trouble. And now the media's got their "mavrick" as the front runner meme - spare me.

Stay tuned - more bleak posts to come!